Comfort assured!

One of the potential stumbling blocks to our singing outside in Wimborne at the end of July has always been the availability of toilet facilities. This problem has now been solved, which is one worry to cross off the list. We remain dependent on (a) final permission to hold the service at all (we currently only have general approval from the Minster, plus a lot of help and support), and (b) the weather. I hope that we will have a clear and unambiguous decision by 8 July, and some idea of the date by the end of that week.

The Met Office gives only very general indications for the whole of the UK for the period 12–26 July, and if they can’t predict anything more detailed for Dorset then I doubt if other forecasting services can genuinely do better. Years of local wisdom from Wimborne residents are likely to play a part here!